Artist in Residence at The Square!
The Artist in Residence Program is ideal for the emerging, mid-career or professional artist. Self-directed artists in any discipline will enjoy a large private studio while sharing their knowledge in the K-12 system. The program is a collaboration between Paris Gibson Square Museum of Art and Great Falls Public Schools to enhance the creative, intellectual and personal growth of both the resident and students served.
- Located at Paris Gibson Square Museum of Art
- Large private studio
- 24 hour studio access
- Elevator access for materials
- 2D Arts: Printing Press | Easels | Basic Paper Marbling | Printmaking Tools
- Ceramics: 10 electric potter’s wheels | 1 Randall Kick Wheel | 2 table top Amaco Potter’s Wheels |Slab Roller | Clay Extruder
- Kilns: Cone 10 Downdraft Gas Kiln (40 cu. ft.) | 2 Large Electric Kilns | Front- Loading Raku Kiln (10 cu. ft) | Minnesota Flat-Top Wood/ Salt/ Soda Kiln (30 cu.ft.) | Amaco Copper Enameling Kiln
- Other: 2D/ 3D Portfolio Photography Station | Basic Wood Shop
Residency Time Frame
- Studio Access: October 1st 2016 – June 30th 2017
- Public School Teaching: October 2016 – May 2017 (dates and times TBD)
- The Artist in Residence will be awarded an exhibition at Paris Gibson Square Museum of Art.
- Opening reception and exhibition dates TBD.
Send all materials in one envelope to:
Paris Gibson Square Museum of Art
2016/17 Artist in Residence Search
c/o Jeff Kuratnick, Curator of Education
1400 First Ave North
Great Falls, Montana, 59401
Application/ Acceptance Timeline
- Application Deadline: May 20th, 2016
- Notification of Acceptance: June, 2016